Sunday, November 28, 2010

Settling the Score

Music is an essential part of the Disney experience. Even when you're gone, it can make you imagine the sights, sounds, and smells of the parks. Music can create and most importantly trigger memories. When I'm at home, I love to listen to park music to try and recapture the magic.

Music can also be essential to the story of an attraction. A good score can even help tell the story. Attractions like Soarin', the Haunted Mansion, and the Tower of Terror are great examples of this. It can takes guests on fantastical journeys and put their minds in far away places. Music is part of the Disney magic.

Here are some of my favorite music clips from around WDW:

I love Epcot music. The music is futuristic and does a great job telling the stories of all the attractions. It totally sets the mood and is definitely my favorite from WDW.




 Soarin' Over California is the last attraction the Imagineers made with a truly great soundtrack. The music for this ride is absolutely beautiful. It is very moving and goes very well with the video in the attraction. It really adds to the experience of the attraction.


 Is Honey I Shrunk the Audience a dated attraction? Absolutely. Should it be replaced? Probably. But that doesn't effect my love for this music from the attraction. It is some of my favorite music for Epcot. It sounds like an awards show and captures the feel of the original Epcot at the same time.


 While its hard to pick out any one track, the music from the Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is a great example of audio storytelling. The music echoes and has a very creepy feel to it. You can really picture yourself in an old haunted hotel.


 I'm a sucker, I know, but I love the music from Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. It embodies the spirit of Walt more than any other attraction ever has. It is also extremely catchy. Try not to get it stuck in your head. It's impossible. It makes you want to believe in a better future. It's awesome.


What are your favorite pieces of music from the parks?

2 comments:

  1. man, you just happened to pick all of my favorite themes from the parks! :D
    loved this one it is so true that the music really does bring back the feeling that i'm there sometimes. I'm listening to subsonic radio right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks for commenting and reading the blog! I had no idea what subsonic radio was until you commented. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

    ReplyDelete