Sunday, November 7, 2010

RPCM

So I know it's past Halloween, but I've been thinking about Innoventions a lot lately and how it could be improved. My new idea for this area of Epcot is what I call a Rapid Pumpkin Carving Machine.


This new area would only be around for the fall of course. Have you ever heard of a rapid prototyping machine? It is a cheap and quick way to make parts out of plastic. I was thinking about this in class the other day and what would happen if you applied this idea to small pumpkins.

For a small fee, guests could go to the exhibit and purchase small pumpkins. Interactive kiosks would guide the guest through the process of designing their pumpkin. The guest could choose from a variety of pre-made templates or create their own. Finally, they would be able to watch the machine quickly carve out their custom made pumpkin.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Would you do this?

3 comments:

  1. I thinks its a pretty good idea. I love disney and have been going to Walt Disney since I was little every year. And the funny thing about it is that I never bothered to go and see the innoventions at Epcot. I never thought it was interesting. With an idea like yours and other cool ideas for innoventions. Your idea would be good for little kids who beg their parents to buy them the cool designed pumpkin, during halloween. Now that I think about it, Disney would make some good money off of that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    I thought it was a great way to create extra revenue while still creating a unique experience for the guest.(Not overloading them with plush toys or endless Disney Channel merchandise)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah it's different and unique, I think it would be a great extra to innoventions. I sure wud like to design my own pumpkin during Halloween! The idea sounds pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete