Monday, August 16, 2010

The Expendables

The Expendables is one awesome movie. In honor of its explosive greatness, I present a list of what is expendable at the Walt Disney World Resort.






-Stitch's Great Escape
I must admit, I was a fan of the original Stitch movie. Was it perfect? Far from it. But it was a fun, hand drawn movie and I liked it. Then the suits at Disney got a hold of him and turned them into their next cash cow. That's when Stitch joined the dark side for me. Instead of coming up with a brilliant new attraction (Which Tomorrowland desperately needs), the Imagineers simply placed Stitch into the old Alien Encounter show. And the results are as disappointing as you would suspect. This is definitly expendable for new life in Tomorrowland.

-The Current Tiki Room
I refuse to call this attraction by its given name. I despise everything about it. Its everything that Disney used to stand against. This is far from a Disney attraction and millions of miles away from the original attraction. It must be fixed...or eliminated.


-Studio Backlot Tour
This is one you just have to experience for yourself. A perfect example of a good concept with poor execution.

-"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"Movie Set Adventure
It's time to welcome Disney's Hollywood Studios to the 21st century. This franchise was fun while it lasted, but its time passed a long time ago. The Studios is in need of more actual attractions, and less outdated boneyards like this.  

-Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama
The Disney geek inside me is torn on this one. One on hand, I love the in depth theme of the battle between the Dino Institute and Chester and Hester's. But on the other hand, I hate the cartoonish appearance and lame carnival rides. So in the end, it's expendable.

-Ellen's Energy Adventure
It's 2010. The Universe of Energy Pavilion needs to realize this. This ride has been screaming for an update for years. Maybe we will be lucky and this Universe will be the one that ends in 2012...or hopefully sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment