Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Don't Wanna Grow Up

My Senior Trip ended up being 5 of the funnest days of my life. 130 seniors from my class and about 10 chaperons journeyed to the world and stayed at the All Star Sports Resort. We spent 4 days at the happiest place on Earth and one day at Universal. Since we have gotten back, I have tried to pinpoint what made this trip so much more fun than all of the rest. I finally figured out that on this trip, I allowed myself to be a kid again.
That expression(i am the one on the right), is one of joy and happiness. For 5 days, I let all of the cares of the world go and I was 5 again. All that mattered to me was hanging out with my friends, and enjoying all of the cool stuff at Disney. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. We randomly broke into song, told jokes, took pictures with characters, enjoyed lunch at the Sci-Fi Dine In, and most importantly, bought lightsabers.
That was the key. After riding Star Tours in the Studios, everyone in our group bought a lighsaber. Granted, we were 10 to 15 years older than the other customers, but we didn't care. We had a blast. And incredibly, that little toy was the key to unlocking the Disney magic. One little spark, whether it comes from another person or a special memory, can bring you back to another time. That is the magic of Disney. That is why I love Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment