Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Disney Book Collection


Imagineer Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom
Imagineer Field Guide to the Epcot
Imagineer Field Guide to the Disney's Animal Kingdom
The Imagineering Way
The Disney Mountains: Imagineering at Its Peak
Designing Disney
Walt Disney Wolrd Then, Now, and Forever
Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real

This is my growing collection of books on Walt Disney World. By far my favorite and what I find the most useful book is the Walt Disney Imagineering Book. It has so much information and provides a great background on imagineering. However the field guides can also be pretty handy. They aren't as in depth as the other books, but they have some cool facts and pictures, If you're into thrill rides you'll love The Disney Mountains book. I couldn't put it down. It has concept art, pictures, and stories from all the great Disney mountains. Designing Disney has a great perspective on the late John Hench. It is such an interesting look at his incredible park innovations. For the more casual Disney fan, Then Now and Forever is filled with tons of pictures and great facts about Disney world. I look forward to expanding my collection with the Field Guide Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic More Real, and the Field Guide to Disneyland. Post any of your favorites or recommendations in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. New Imagineering book coming out in May, I think. Another coffee table book. Excellent collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct Kyle. Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic More Real. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. Thank you, I recommend them all. They are all fascinating reads.

    ReplyDelete